Tel: 0191 487 7319; 0191 488 3092(Whickham)
Repeat prescriptions are available from this practice. We are permitted to dispense or prescribe drugs only for animals that are "under our care". For patients who require long-term medication we need therefore to have frequent contact with the owners, and need to actually physically examine the animal from time to time, usually every one to six months depending on the circumstances, before dispensing or prescribing repeat medication.
Please also note that:
* Prescriptions are available from this practice.
* You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy.
* Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
* A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or if immediate treatment is necessary.
* You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
* The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every three to six months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for a re-examination for a repeat prescription is £29.50 including VAT, correct at 19/2/16
Clipping of nails
Pet Travel Scheme